I finally got around to trying something that I've been wanting to try for a while. I can't remember where I first read about this--probably on some food blog--but it really appealed to me. Instead of only using squeezed juice from a lemon, this lemonade has much more depth of flavor because you get nuances from the whole lemon. I fixed this for us twice this weekend and Dave and I both loved it each time. It basically takes one lemon for two servings.
Here's what you do:
- After scrubbing, cut one lemon into eighths.
- Put it in a blender with about 1/3c. water and about 1/4c. sugar.
- Blend until well pulverized, then strain through a fine-seive strainer. (Push the liquid through with your hands--like I did--or a spoon.)
- Dived the liquid between two glasses--you should only have about 1/4c. in each glass--not much.
- Fill the glass with ice and add water. Stir and drink up.